Call for Demos and Affective Computing Installations
September 10-12, 2009 – Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Submission Deadline: 8 June 2009
The 2009 International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII 2009) invites researchers, practitioners, and industry for demonstrations to showcase both mature systems and innovative prototypes of affective computing, and to discuss them with the broader international scientific community and the public at large. The goal for the demonstrations is to illustrate the range of applications and technical advances in the state of the art of affective computing, in particular (but not only) regarding the main conference topics ().
Demos of commercial products in the area of affective computing are explicitly welcome. They should be accompanied by reasonably detailed technical explanations of the methods used. Demos will be selected based on factors including scientific contribution, originality and innovation, social impact, engagingness, and technical requirements.
Requirements for Submission
- A two-page document for inclusion in the ACII 2009 proceedings, providing the following information:
- A brief description of the demonstration set-up;
- A summary of the technical content of the demonstration;
- A short storyboard (possibly including of a set of commented images) describing the important stages of a typical demonstration session.
- [optional] A URL of a currently active web-based demonstration or of a video clip. Please make sure this web site is active and accessible during the review process (until 15 June 2009).
- A detailed description of the technical set-up and requirements. By default, the conference will provide a table and two chairs for each demo. Special requirements regarding the hardware and software, used modalities, space, ambience (illumination, noise sensitivity, etc.), and infrastructure (such as power supplies, network access, etc) need to be explicitly mentioned in the submission. ACII 2009 will attempt to provide necessary equipment and infrastructure, but demonstrators will be required to provide their own special-purpose equipment.
Please note that by default, authors are required to show live demos of their systems. Other formats of demonstration, such as video clips or slide shows may be accepted in exceptional cases only.
Demo submissions due: 8 June 2009
Notification of acceptance: 15 June 2009
Camera-ready description of the demo due: 1 July 2009
Submission and Inquiries
Demo proposals should be submitted using the online submission system (instructions will follow).
Please send your inquiries to all three ACII 2009 Demos co-chairs:
Technical Co-Sponsors & Proceedings